What do you do in the event of an accident or breakdown? We'll explain. We'll provide assistance if your journey comes to an abrupt end: despite all caution and quality measures – accidents and breakdowns happen. Thanks to our guides, tips and assistance, you'll be back on the road in no time and know exactly what to do in an emergency.
Choose your subject:
- Switch on the hazard warning lights
- Switch on the lights if it is dark
- Put on a high-visibility vest
- Set up a warning triangle
- Bring passengers to safety
- Ask witnesses to wait and to help
- Call rescue service (112 in Europe)
- Perform first aid
- Rescue the injured from the danger area
Important when telephoning
- Where did it happen?
- What happened?
- How many injured?
- What injuries?
- Wait for further enquiries.
Recommended in the event of:
- Personal injury or considerable damage to property
- Fault unclear
- Criminal offence: hit-and-run, alcohol, drugs, simulated accident
- Accidents abroad
- Accidents involving wild animals, livestock or pets
- Accidents involving objects
- Photograph the scene of the accident, then clear it
- Photograph damage, provide a sketch of the accident
- Exchange details with the other driver and witnesses
- Complete an accident report
- Do not admit any fault at the accident location
- Inform your insurance company
Tip: Your Volkswagen Partner will provide assistance here.
Volkswagen Roadside Assistance:
0800 - VWSERVICE respectively 0800 - 897378423
Always there for you: round-the-clock roadside assistance
A wide range of services: roadside assistance, towing service, return transportation, mobile emergency service
Full mobility through replacement vehicle